On October 21st, invited speakers from Voestalpine and Optimus3D will talk about manufacturing of moulds. Classical manufacturing of such moulds invloves processes like milling, grinding and polishing. All of these processes consume a significant amount of time and cost. Such cost can be accepted for large volumes of replications. But it becomes critical for lower production volumes that need to be delivered quickly.
Additively manufactured moulds are mostly created as as combination of classic cavity with tool insets. It offers complete new opportunities with respect to geometry. Through additive manufacturing, such insets can realise forms and functions that conventional manufacturing technologies cannot achieve.
- AMable introduction and welcome – 10 min (Ana Cardoso, EWF)
- Industrial talks – New Materials and Manufacturing services - 30 min
- Mr. Christopher Hein, Voestalpine AMC
- Mr. Pablo Capellan, OPTIMUS3D
- Expert talks - 15 min
- Materials, Process optimization and trends; Dr. Juan Carlos Pereira, LORTEK
- Design and simulation of AM Moulds;Dr. Loucas Papadakis, Frederic Research Center
- AMable Open Call success cases – 40 min
- NOPTIMA; Mr. Stelios Avram, SIMLEAD
- CLIMATE; Ms. Andrea Pisa, ARGO SRL
- Q&A and conclusion – 10 min
Join us on October 21st from 0900 to 1200 Brussels Time.