Exploiting the opportunities offered by the additive manufacturing of advanced polymer-based materials for the realization of high-performance microchannel heat exchangers, for next-generation electronics thermal management solutions.
- Design and realise by additive manufacturing a polymer-based microchannel heat exchanger, delivering prototypes with different geometrical features and performance.
- Complete a preliminary testing activity of at least one prototype, either rat a testing station available from a partner organization, or by realising an internal testing station.
- limited choice for materials selection.
- The lack of hydraulic or other interconnections, which are made of different materials with respect to the heat exchanger and must be joined later.
- Limited heat transfer efficiency