In this proposal, we propose the design and development of a customised frame using AM technologies for the UAVs that are deployed by StreamOwl for the inspection of the energy efficiency of residential buildings. The UAVs integrate peripheral sensors and other equipment: thermal camera and 3D camera, lidar, telemetry module, on-board computer (Raspberry Pi), PixHawk flight controller, etc.
- Low weight to ensure high flight time.
- Low weight increases the power-to-weight ratio.
- Low drag coefficient for improved aerodynamics and steady flight/hovering.
- Good finish, so that the final product looks as attractive as injection moulding frames.
- Short manufacturing time to enable quick modifications during development/prototyping.
- Certification of the developed product